15-year-old likely to face charges in bomb threats that closed area schools
A 15-year-old student has been identified as the suspect who emailed bomb threats to Lincoln Charter Schools last week.
Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office Majors Crimes Unit detective Lt. Tim Johnson said interviews were conducted Friday and Saturday that led to identifying the individual as a suspect. Johnson said a cooperative effort by the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office, federal authorities and local citizens helped solve the case.
Officers have met with the juvenile and his parents concerning the bomb threats. They secured confirming evidence used to send the threats.
Detectives will turn the information obtained during the investigation over to Juvenile Authorities and meet with the District Attorney’s Office on Monday. The investigation into the incident will continue.